Breakfast run in the Centurion, Pretoria area. 24 February 2018:
- 08:00 – Members from the south of Pretoria must meet at the Shell Ultra City at exit 118B off the NI north (Ben Schoeman)
- 08:30 – depart for Irene Farm – Travel N on the N1 taking the 121A off ramp onto the R101. At traffic lights turn right onto M31 & continue to Irene Dairy Farm on the right.
- 08:30 – Members from Pretoria meet on the M19/John Vorster Drive, at the Volvo/KIA side of the N1. Travel S on N1 taking the 130 off ramp onto the M18 to Irene. At Irene 4 way stop turn right onto M31 and Irene Dairy Farm will be on your left.
- 09:00 – Breakfast at Irene Farm “The Barn Restaurant” (not “The Deck”)
- Payment is ONLY via credit &/or debit card. (NO CASH)
- Farm Stall with lots of farm fresh goodies
- Bring the kids – plenty of open space / farm animals / milking sheds (cow patties and flies are at no-charge)
F.Y.I……….Irene Estate (Farm) dates back to just after the Anglo-Boer war, 1902, and more recently was an experimental farm before the golfing estate moved in. Named after businessman Nellmapius’ Daughter Irene, which means “peace” in Greek.
There is plenty of shaded parking spots at the dairy for our classics to rest.
- For those that haven’t visited the Voortrekker Monument or Jan Smuts house…..both are “just down the road” to visit after breakfast.
Bring your VOLVO, bring the family AND bring your CREDIT CARD or DEBIT CARD.